Roll over Beethoven, because the gre Read more [...]
Thetford Folk Club returns on Friday 19th October at the Carnegie Room
Live music from
- Daria Kulesh – Moscow-born Daria combines a truly extraordinary voice with strong Russian and Ingush heritage. The single from the upcoming album, The Moon and the Pilot, has been described by Mike Harding as “one of the most beautiful new songs of the last 10 years”.
- Simple Folk – Repertoire involves a mix of traditional and contemporary folk songs and our name reflects our straightforward blend of two voices and one guitar.
- Pot of Gold – Nine musicians who all sing folk and shanties, and the line up includes guitars, a banjo and melodeon.
- Supported by floor spots from local musicians
Doors open 7:30pm – Tickets £5 from Leaping Hare
Future Folk Club dates:-
- Friday 16th November
- Thursday’s Band – Thursday’s Band is what happens when you combine locked down acoustic guitars with free-flowing fiddle, viola and mandolin – then top it all off with tight three-part harmony. Sometimes the songs sound British, sometimes North American; sometimes they’re new, sometimes they’re not; sometimes they tell tall tales from the distant past, sometimes they’re poignant and personal; and sometimes they break out into wistful airs and joyful, exuberant tunes…
- Kelly & Woolley – Matt Kelly and Gary Woolley are an acoustic duo who hail from Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds. They sing songs and play tunes from a wide variety of styles, but particularly cajun, folk, bluegrass and country. They have been playing together as a duo for five years and perform regularly in venues across the region.
- Dusky Sunday – an indie-folk duo comprising of established musicians Fern Teather and Sam Thurlow.
“Unique and fresh in their musical delivery with an on-stage chemistry to delight any audience.”
Thetford Folk Club in partnership with Thetford Town Council
How to Register
Tickets from the Leaping Hare Box Office in King Street or click below to buy online
Tickets for October Folk Club available HERE