Community Group Category: Clubs & Societies
We are a community interest company which has evolved through the education, knowledge and experiences of youth guidance, community and race equality work.
We believe that by creating opportunities to remove the barriers that exist through lack of understanding and replacing them with a more positive attitude to inclusion, inherent racism, traditional rivalries, even vendettas may be forgotten.
We have a wealth of experience, working with communities, and troubled families, across Suffolk and Norfolk. Through this we recognise the need to adapt programme and delivery according to location and neighbourhood profile.
Our Aim is to broaden understanding of diversity, race, culture and ethnicity, by reaching and reconnecting All communities. We believe that by creating opportunities to break down barriers, educate and celebrate differences, it will foster tolerance, acceptance and sustain healthy interpersonal relations, divisive theories and ideologies will submerge.
We; build bridges through the arts, design and deliver intercultural programmes to enable schools, communities and businesses to become culturally competent, workshops to highlight and combat the effects of bullying and racism.
Typical outcomes/benefits The participants will –
• Grow in understanding of race, culture and ethnicity
• Be more culturally sensitive in their behaviours and speech
• Have an awareness of own cultural belief system
• Become more supportive to their peers
• Be encouraged to have a positive input to personal, social development and multicultural awareness
Additionally, participants will –
• Grow in confidence and emotional competence
• Challenge existing attitudes
• Foster critical thinking
• Want to participate and take social responsibility in the community
The programmes are designed to-
• Impact on feelings thoughts and actions
• Decrease racist attitudes and reduce bullying
• Improve the quality of life for individuals, businesses and the community
The way we work
We empower people to have a voice by reaching marginalised communities and work in Partnership with other voluntary and community groups to support and sustain the changes we have created.